Data Protection Notice for action Centres of Vocational Excellence, grant contract ref. 101056320 – EULEP; Project: European Learning Experience Platform
EULEP is a project co-funded by the European Union (in casu, by the European Education and Executive Agency (EACEA/Contracting Authority) with a consortium of 20 organisations (beneficiaries) established in Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Italy, Latvia, Spain and Turkey.
The project partners work together to:
- make Continuing Vocational Education and Training (C-VET) more attractive for lifelong learning,
- offer businesses new and tailor-made training modules that correspond to their skills needs in innovation-oriented subjects (artificial intelligence, virtual reality and social innovation),
- establish or reinforce knowledge triangles at the regional and national level thanks to the triangulation business – VET provider – European Digital Innovation Hub (EDIH),
- embed VET in regional economic development strategies and reinforce its governance, putting it on a sustainable path.
The project activities directly target VET providers, companies, potential VET learners from different horizons, EDIHs, public authorities and other stakeholders involved in the VET governance process or dealing with VET more widely.
Some 500 companies take part in the different activities indicating their skills needs, evaluating and testing project outcomes. 24 VET trainers will be trained in 1 European Learning Academy, learning the 3 modules and training paths, and will in a second step train in total 240 VET trainers and 480 company employees/workers in their respective countries. 160 participants will join regional multiplier events, and a much higher number will benefit from the information provided during the wide VET promotion campaigns. Regional VET Councils will draft 8 smart VET strategies and 8 action plans to put the project outcomes on a sustainable footing. 2 major project events will gather some 170 stakeholders.
In this context, EULEP will have to collect and process personal data of persons involved in the project activities.
Your personal data is processed by the Data Controller in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/670 (GDPR).
The data controller of the processing operation is
- The Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry (EUROCHAMBRES) (coordinator of the project) – BE, email@example.com Website: https://www.eurochambres.eu/privacy-policy/
The legal bases for the processing activities are:
– because processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
– because processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject laid down in Union law;
– based on your explicit prior consent for your personal data indicated below;
The purposes of this processing are to ensure:
- the management and implementation of the European Learning Experience Platform (EULEP)
- the participation of the target groups in the project activities,
- registering and participating in workshops, seminars, conferences, training courses, skills competitions and so on whether online or in presence.
The following of your personal data are collected: Your first name, last name, title, function, (professional / personal), e-mail.
All personal data are mandatory for the purpose(s) outlined above.
The recipients of your personal data will or may be staff of beneficiaries of grant contract ref. 101056320 responsible for carrying out the processing operations and authorised staff according to the “need to know” principle. Such staff abide by statutory, and when required, additional confidentiality agreements.
- CVO Semper, BE
- Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie de Bruxelles asbl – BECI Brussels, BE
- Wirtschaftskammer Österreich (WKÖ), AT
- CSI Center for Social Innovation Ltd, CY
- Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry, CY
- Cambra Oficial de Comerc i Industria de Terrassa (La Cambra), ES
- Fundació per a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), ES
- Ayuntament de Terrassa, ES
- Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie du Var, FR
- GIP Formation et Insertion Professionnelle de l’Academie de Nice, FR
- Universita degli studi di Genova (UNIGE), IT
- Istituto Formazione Operatori Aziendali (IFOA), IT
- Unione Italiana delle Camere di Commercio Industria Artigianato e Agricoltura Unioncamere, IT
- Istituto Nazionale per l’analisi delle politiche pubbliche (INAPP), IT
- Ogres Tehnikums (Ogres TS), LV
- Latvian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, LV
Since the Contracting (Funding) Authority of the project is an EU body like EACEA, the recipients within the EU organisations will or may be: staff and intra muros service providers of operational and financial units and bodies charged with a monitoring or inspection task in the application of Union law (e.g. internal audits, European Court of Auditors, European Anti-fraud Office – OLAF, and (national) law enforcement bodies).
For the purposes of the implementation of the Grant Agreement ref. 101056320, your personal data may be transferred to:
- Turkiye Odalar Ve Borsalar Birligi (TOBB), TR
- Turkiye Ekonomi Politikalari Arastirma Vakfi (TEPAV), TR
- TOBB Ekonomi Ve Teknoloji Universitesi (TOBB ETÜ), TR
The following safeguards are in place for this transfer:
All personal data in electronic format are stored on the servers of the Data Controller (Eurochambres) in Europe. All processing operations are carried out pursuant to Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 July 2002 concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electronic communications sector.
EACEA’s beneficiaries (including TOBB, TEPAV and TOBB ETÜ) are bound by a specific contractual clause (under GA ref. 101056320) for any processing operations of your data. EACEA’s beneficiaries are also bound by confidentiality obligations deriving from the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
To protect your personal data, the Data Controller (Eurochambres) has put in place a number of technical and organisational measures in place. Technical measures include appropriate actions to address online security, risk of data loss, alteration of data or unauthorised access, taking into consideration the risk presented by the processing and the nature of the personal data being processed. Organisational measures include restricting access to personal data solely to authorised persons with a legitimate need to know for the purposes of this processing operation.
The processing of your data will not include automated decision-making (such as profiling).
Your personal data will be kept for a maximum period of 5 years following the closure of the grant contract. Data will be manually deleted at the end of this period.
You have the right to access your personal data and to request your personal data to be rectified, if the data is inaccurate or incomplete; where applicable, you have the right to request restriction or to object to processing, to request a copy or erasure of your personal data held by the data controller. If processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Your request to exercise one of the above rights will be dealt with without undue delay and within one month.
If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to firstname.lastname@example.org
You shall have the right of recourse at any time to the Data Protection Officer of Eurochambres at the following email address: email@example.com;
You may lodge a complaint at any time with the Belgium Authority of Data Protection https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/citoyen
EULEP Version I of 29/09/2022
 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) OJ L 119, 4.5.2016, p. 1–88